Members information for Whitstable Yacht Club
Open Day - Saturday 8th June, 11am to 3.30pm
Whitstable Yacht Club will be holding an open day on Saturday 8th June. This is your chance to:
- Have a look around the club and find out about the benefits you can get from becoming a member.
- Boat trips round the bay from 12.00 - arrive early to register for a trip (depending on weather and conditions). Wear casual clothes and soft shoes if you want to go for a sail.
- Information about training course and how to get into sailing.
- See fully rigged boats on the beach and talk to sailors about how they work, and how to choose the right boat for you.
- Free refreshments and a licensed bar available.
- No booking required, just turn up on the day!
If you are interested in sailing at one of the oldest and largest sailing clubs in England then look no further. Situated on the north coast of Kent at the mouth of the Swale Estuary, WYC offers sailing in sheltered waters at all times of the tide for catamarans, dinghies, and windsurfers. Yachts are moored in a nearby drying-out marina.
The Club organises racing every weekend from March to December as well as evening racing during the summer, and is a popular championship venue.
Interested in becoming a member?
To do list
- Download and complete the member's application form.
- Download and complete the subscription form indicating your membership type and any other facilities you require. (Boat parking prices). Please apply the following discount to your total new membership fee.
April May June July August September 10% 20% 40% 60% 80% 13 months membership at full price
- Return both forms to Whitstable Yacht Club, 3-4 Sea Wall, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 1BX.
- Wait until the next general committee meeting for approval.
If you are new to sailing and not sure what kind of boat would suit you best contact the class captains who will be happy to extol the virtues of their own class and point you in the right direction. For complete sailing novices the best port of call is the sailing school. Ian and his team will be able to get you up to race speed in no time.
If you have just joined the club then welcome. Be sure to look out for upcoming social events and feel free to join in the fun. Your subscription fee includes entry to most social events (excluding New Years Eve). Events not included will be advertised as such. If you can't wait to get on the water then the race schedule will be of interest. Hope to see you sailing soon.
Comments and suggestions for this site should sent to the webmaster.