News at Whitstable Yacht Club
WYC Club Safety Manual and Sailing Instructions - Updated for 2017
Posted: Wednesday, 01 March, 2017
As the new sailing season is about to begin, we'd like to draw all members attention to two important documents which have been updated for the new season:
The Club Safety Manual covers Safety across the club, both on and off the water, and should be read by all members. It covers member's responsibility and the processes which need to be followed to enjoy safe use of the club, and what should be done in the event of an incident. This document has been fully reviewed and updated for the new season following an incident on the water during the Forts Race in 2016. This document is on the club website, on the club notice board, available from the Office, and in the WYC Race Box and Committee Boat.
The WYC Sailing Instructions have been updated for the 2017 season. We will be racing under the new Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020 going forward, and some additional changes have been made which are specific to WYC:
- Minimum Insurance Cover for all craft increased to £3million in line with the club rules.
- Addition of rule 10.2 to make the area around the oyster beds to the West of the club a prohibited area
- Update to rule 14.2 to correct the colour of the finishing flag on the Committee Boat
- Addition of rule 17.2 to clarify the position on redress for a member performing a rostered duty.
In addition, members should note two corrections to the SIs issued in the 2017 WYC Programme:
- Correction to rule 1.1 to change the RRS to 2017-2020
- Correction to rule 8.1.4 and 8.2 to include the Cadets warning signal and flag
Both these, and other important documents, such as the Club Rules, the Notes for the Race Officer, and links to the Racing Rules of Sailing and the Canterbury City Council foreshore department can be found at http://www.wyc.org.uk/members/Club_Rules.
CLUB NEWS ARCHIVE
- All news
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
Comments and suggestions for this site should sent to the webmaster.