News at Whitstable Yacht Club
Whether you are a complete beginner or a top club racer, the Whitstable Yacht Club is the place for sailing and racing the Laser dinghy. With the largest fleet in the South East and first-class facilities, it is the most exciting place for sailing a Laser at any level.
The club has one of the longest seasons in the country. With organized racing every Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday from mid-March to mid-December, there is plenty of opportunity to get out on the water.
Fantastic racing facilities
- Competitive Laser racing for all levels, for both Standard and Radials
- Largest fleet of Lasers in the South East
- Committee boat start line with Laser only race starts
- Safety boat cover
- Close proximity to London – only one hour by car, or direct train from Victoria Station
Everything you need to sail Lasers
- Boat storage, sail shed
- Showers, lockers and changing facilities
- Overnight accommodation at the club
- Free Wi-Fi
Training, support and social events
- A Laser purchase scheme, offering class approved boats, sails and parts at less than internet prices
- Laser sailing development programme, free for members and great for beginners
- Regular social events for Laser sailors
- Canteen serving food, Staffed club bar, town centre location, and bunk rooms available at a low cost to members - Perfect for Après-Sail!
Located in historic Whitstable, the club is perfectly situated in the centre of the town's popular shopping district. With its bohemian charm, independent craft shops, galleries and fashion shops, it’s the perfect place for non-sailing partners to spend time while you race. For all those foodies, the seafront has a wonderful choice of award-winning cafes, restaurants and pubs.
Come and join us
Class legal equipment for the Laser Standard, Radial & 4.7
The Whitstable Yacht Club / Westbere Frostbite Sailing Association Laser Purchase scheme is non-profit making with the objective of promoting Laser sailing locally by assisting members to contain equipment costs.
This objective is met by organizing group purchases, maintaining a pool of spares & providing technical advice.
The group purchase of new boats & equipment takes place in December whilst spares are available, at discounted prices, to members of the scheme throughout the year. All components supplied are Laser Class legal. In fact everything Laser from complete boats to bailer springs.
Contact: Charlie Campion - firstname.lastname@example.org - 07970 903987
Comments and suggestions for this site should sent to the webmaster.