News at Whitstable Yacht Club
Monday 5th August - Friday 9th August 2013
Series racing starts at 14.00 hours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Committee boat starts.
- 2 races back-to-back each day.
- 8 races in the series, 6 to count.
- Prize-giving on Friday afternoon soon after the finish of the last race.
- Prizes for the top places in each eligible class, as well as special prizes for outstanding achievements.
Wednesday is rest day. There will be a one-off race from club line at 14.00 (this doesn't count towards the series), followed by the Cadet Cup race at 16.00 - all class handicap, helms to be 16 or under on the day of the race.
Registration takes place on the deck on Monday from 9.00 onwards, and from 12.00 each day on other days of the week.
Entry fee for the week's sailing, including entry to all social events: £35
Daily entry: £12.
Cadet entry: £15 for the week.
Visitors to the Yacht Club are welcome, and we regularly host visiting sailors for the week, both from local Kent sailing clubs, and from as far afield as Yorkshire and Scotland. Whitstable offers some of the best sailing conditions in the south-east, with great fleet racing (especially the Tasars, Lasers and Cats), and the town is also a great holiday destination for shopping, restaurants, and pubs. There's plenty of space to park your boat, a great chandlery right next door, and you can find details of accommodation here
For further information e-mail or call the club office.
2012 Social events:
- Monday 7.00pm: Russ Davey plays and sings classic hits on saxophone and keyboards.
- Tuesday 7.00pm: Wycked Witch and Porky Prime Cuts - two of Whitstable Yacht Club's own bands perform for your pleasure.
- Wednesday 7.30pm for 8.00pm start: Quiz Night - prizes for the biggest brains in the yacht club. Form a team, and pit your wits against your fellow sailors.
- Thursday 18.00 onwards: Cocktails at the bar. A quiet evening to rest, relax and watch the sun go down.
- Friday 7.00pm onwards: The climax of the week, food, dancing and partying through the night to the Barkin'Mad Trio.
Comments and suggestions for this site should sent to the webmaster.